We may be far from the rainforest, but that shouldn’t stop us from going to the tropics. Add some fun to the daily grind of the urban jungle with this season’s tropical-inspired bags, which happen to be perfect for city living. Bored with your plain white shirts, blue jeans, and black pants? Vivaciously printed and fabulously fecund, they will liven up your basic work wardrobe in a snap.
1. Jérôme Dreyfuss Edourd Jacqueline Bag: Jérôme delivers the great compromise of festively printed bags, thanks to the contrast of a stamped leather flap and trim in midnight blue. At Jérôme Dreyfuss for $1,355.
2. Mara Hoffman Parrot Tote Bag: Beachy totes shouldn’t be serious. Take a cue from Mara’s frugal find, and make yours unabashedly fun and bright as the sun. On Shopbop for $232.
3. Maiyet Amonet Medium Painted Leather Shoulder Bag (on NET-A-PORTER for $1,290, from $2,150)
4. Sarah’s Bag Classic Orange-Clasp Satin Clutch (on MATCHESFASHION.com for $504)
5. Sarah’s Bag Love Bird Beaded and Satin Clutch: The jungle just got sweetly romantic. Beaded ferns plus a pair of smooching budgie birds doubling as the clasp will make you smile. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,008.
6. Marni Tropical Floral Faux-Leather Tote: Marni doesn’t hesitate to go for the bold, and I love the graphicness of this vacation-worthy print. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $370.
7. Mark Cross Rattan Grace Box: Oozing pure summer, this one is a favorite in the delightful form of a rattan box with a palm tree print. At Mark Cross for $2,395.
8. Etro Garden-Printed Coated Canvas Tote Bag (on Luisa via Roma for $750)