Like so many of my lifelong fashion dependencies, my motorcycle jacket addiction began in the ’90s. I now have more moto jackets in my closet than I can count. From classic leather to unexpected tweed to more relaxed denim, in each and every color imaginable, I have one for every occasion. But there’s always room for one, or three, more. Guaranteed to complete your outfit, it’s the easiest thing to pull on without any thought. You can’t go wrong with black leather like Alessandra Ambrosio’s classic number, but I’m more into the unusual suspects at the moment:
1. Anine Bing Moto Leather Jacket: Alessandra rocked a quintessential version, complete with motor-cross stitching, at Paris’ Charles de Gaulle Airport several days ago. At Anine Bing for $1,099.
2. Fendi Glossed Suede Biker Jacket: Oh my god, that Fendi! Glossy, spray-painted stripes on matte white suede is unexpected eye candy. On NET-A-PORTER for $6,990.
3. Acne Studios Wool and Cashmere-Blend Jacket: Sometimes more is more. Especially when that something is a sky-blue Acne jacket in a wool and cashmere blend. On My Theresa for $665 (from $950).
4. Burberry Prorsum Leather and Fur-Trim Jacket: Snuggle up with this cozy number! Fluffy shearling looks glam in cropped and zipper-accented form. On My Theresa for $3,900 (from $6,500).
5. Tom Ford Leather Biker Jacket: Your date-night dresses and even red carpet-worthy gowns just met their match: Tom’s perfectly-polished interpretation. On My Theresa for $5,250.
6. Givenchy Zip-Detailed Cape in Washed Cotton Blend Canvas: Take your motorcycle jacket with one of the year’s biggest trends: the cape. Washed canvas keeps the mood light, not vampire-level dramatic. On NET-A-PORTER for $3,150.
7. Saint Laurent Fringed Leather Jacket: Saint Laurent continues to show their sense of ironic savvy with a generous dusting of fringe. In python-print leather, no less. On My Theresa for $6,490.
8. Alexander McQueen Tweed and Leather Jacket: Tough biker mama? I think not. A cinched waist and touches of tweed mean you’ll feel as feminine as ever. On My Theresa for $4,195.
9. Rick Owens Velvet Biker Jacket: If it’s something softer you crave, go for lush velvet. Work this piece into early spring by pairing it with a floral dress. On My Theresa for $1,803 (from $2,576).
10. J.W. Anderson Navy Denim Biker Jacket: Some very utilitarian detailing on dark denim makes for a jacket as whimsical as it is practical. On SSENSE for $985.
Photo Credit: E-Press/XposurePhotos.com